Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Nutella Rice Krispie Treats



Ok....my second attempt at making Rice Krispie Treats that I think are edible. The last blog (carmel sea salt Krispie treats) turned out too sweet. As I looked for a recipe I just decided to try making one myself with what I had on hand....


2 Tablespoons unsalted butter (I think I would use 3 next time)
4 Cups mini marshmallows
1 Cup Nutella
3 Cups Rice Krispies

Melt butter and marshmallows on Med Low heat.....major mess!!!! Remind me why people love these?
Then add the Nutella and stir......


Add your Rice Krispies...stir and pour into a 9X9 greased pan (I use Baking Pam).


Now the next is maybe the only reason I'll try this again....use parchment paper to spread the Rice Krispie mix into the pan. This is the only way to get them even without making a bigger mess.


Spread until nice and even all around......


Refrigerate for 30 minutes...then cut and enjoy.





So my verdict....I'm still not crazy about Rice Krispie treats....however, if you drizzled a little caramel on these I think they would be quite tasty.
I'm sure my nieces and nephews will gobble them up. Overall, I think they are better than the traditional treats......but I'm still searching for the best ones........
Have fun making them :-)
And the husband that loves Rice Krispie Treats...............thinks they taste like a
1000 Grand candy bars......






No comments:

Post a Comment