Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Crockpot Pork chops with Stuffing


I LOVE my crock pot!  I make a meal in it every week because it is so easy to put together and turn on in the morning when you leave for the day, and then when you get home, your house smells wonderful and dinner is ready.  It's like having a personal chef!...except for that part where you have to put it together yourself, but that's a minor detail...ha!


Pork chops and stuffing are one of our favorite meals, so I figured I would throw it in the crock pot and see what comes out.  The results...delicious! 

I made this recipe because I had the stuffing in my pantry and needed to use up the vegetables.  The stuffing gives it a casserole feel, and the vegetables give you lots of flavor.  Plus, cooking in the crock pot helps keep the pork chops juicy! 


Here's the quick and easy recipe:
1/2 a red pepper (diced)
1/2 a green pepper  (diced)
1 medium onion (diced)
2 whole garlic cloves (peeled)
2 stalks celery (diced)
2 cups spinach
1 box stuffing mix (including the seasoning packet...I used Stove Top...see pic above)
6 - 8 pork chops
1 can chicken broth
1 T paprika 
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper

Directions:
Dice the vegetables, except spinach, and put them at the bottom of the crock pot.  Layer the spinach over the vegetables. 

Shake the bread crumb contents of the stuffing over the vegetables.

Layer the pork chops over the vegetables and stuffing. Pour one can of chicken broth over pork chops.
Top the pork chops with the seasoning packet (I saved a few bread crumbs to put on top too), and sprinkle paprika, garlic salt and pepper on top.
Cover and set crock pot on low for 8 - 10 hours.  I served this with a fresh salad to offset the heaviness of the dish. 

Happy eating!
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment