Search This Blog

Monday, June 18, 2012

Breakfast scramble with steak fries


On the weekends, I love to make a big breakfast, to make up for the yogurt and banana throughout the week.  Don't get me wrong, the yogurt is great when you are on the run, but I'm not a waif of a girl, so there are times that I really just want a hearty breakfast.

Have you tried one of the scramble packages that you can find in the frozen section at the grocery store?  They are great, but I'm the type of person that likes to try to replicate items.  So, I thought I would make up my own recipe. Of course, when I started to make the scramble, I found out that I didn't have hash browns like I thought...instead, they were steak fries.  So I figured, why not just cut some up...it's all potato!  Well, I actually like the steak fries better!


Here's the recipe for the breakfast scramble with steak fries:

Ingredients:
1 lb. sausage
1/2 and onion (I love onion, so you may want to use less)
2 cups of frozen steak fries cut into bite size pieces (let them thaw a little)
1/4 cup half and half 
4 eggs
1/2 tsp paprika 
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup of shredded cheese

Directions:
Brown the sausage and drain; then add onion and cook until translucent.


 Cut the steak fries up into bite size pieces...

Add to the sausage and onion and cook until the fries are no longer frozen.

Add eggs and milk into a bowl (or liquid measuring cup), and whisk together

Pour egg mixture over sausage mixture in skillet and season with salt and pepper; add paprika.  



Stir egg mixture and cook thoroughly.  Turn off heat and add cheese on top of scramble to melt a little.  Then serve and enjoy! 


Let me know what you think about the steak fries.  I like that they are bigger bites, so you get more of a potato flavor!

The picture at the top of the blog includes the crepes that I wrote about in a previous blog.  You can follow this link to read more about the crepes blog.

Get Scrambled!
Dee


No comments:

Post a Comment